FAO Quotables

"But being right, even morally right, isn't everything. It is also important to be competent, to be consistent, and to be knowledgeable. It's important for your soldiers and diplomats to speak the language of the people you want to influence. It's important to understand the ethnic and tribal divisions of the place you hope to assist."
-Anne Applebaum

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

What I Read Last Week: Secret SEALs, Mexicano Poet Laureate, Fading Honky-Tonks and Moleskines Obsession

I began my love affair with moleskine notebooks on 11 November 2013.  You know how I know that date? Because I looked in my moleskin notebook that's on my desk.
Interesting history on Amsterdam's love affair...with bikes.
Gritty Americana writing on the Bakersfield sound, a slowly dying Honky-Tonk and the melancholy existence of a fading Elvis.



Thorough and fascinating reporting on the most secretive SEAL team.  With contribution by none other than my former detailer and friend John Ismay.  
The power of "done."
A quick bio on the nations newest PLOTUS (Poet Laureate Of The United States).  Witty, funny and on-target poetry--I've added his incredibly titled 187 Reasons Mexicanos Can't Cross the Border: Undocuments 1971-2007  to my Amazon wish list.  

WIRLW Archive:

No comments:

Post a Comment